Every completed electrical control panel undergoes testing to ensure it meets or exceeds performance and safety requirements. Our team uses sensitive, state-of-the-art inspection equipment – regularly calibrated to industry standards – to conduct rigorous testing on every panel before it is shipped to the customer or end-user.
At ACI, we are UL 508A-approved and deliver control panels to meet your specifications and industry standards.
ACI uses a 3-step process for testing each customized control assembly:
- Perform a visual inspection of the control equipment assembly.
- Verify presence and proper mounting position of each component.
- Confirm all wire termination points and verify correct wire numbering.
- Verify that correct wire sizes have been used, as referenced on schematics.
- Apply all component identification labels, job nameplates and warning labels in their designated positions.
- General electrical test and parameter/software configuration.
- Apply correct customer supply voltage and verify proper voltage at each component.
- Perform operational electrical test.
- Verify correct operation of any additional control system functions. This can include enclosure cooling fans, air conditioning units, cabinet heaters, control relay logic and display metering.
If required, ACI also has the capability of performing a “Ground Bond Test” or a “High-Pot Test,” to meet customer needs.